Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dennis Turck

Following graduation, I attended SIUE, and then joined the US Coast Guard, where I served for 12 years (in Kentucky and Virginia as a Search & Rescue Instructor). I got married and had two boys (Josh, now age 23 and Matt, now age 21 – currently in Navy Boot Camp). Shortly after leaving the Coast Guard and returning to the Granite City area, I went through a divorce. The best thing that came out of that situation, was reuniting with an old high school friend in the grocery store (Mary Paterson), and then marrying her on Valentine’s Day in 1998. Mary has three children (Amy, age 29; Donny, age 26; and Phillip, age 17). So, our combined family consists of 5 children, and now 5 grandchildren.
Our family enjoys camping, swimming and vacationing – we’ve been on 8 cruises together, have went on two all-inclusive vacations (Negril, Jamaica and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico), several trips to Gatlinburg, Tennessee, several trips to Las Vegas, a couple of trips to California (Long Beach, Ventura, San Francisco and Sacramento), a couple of trips to Miami, Florida, and a couple of trips to New Orleans. I have also traveled for work (to Washington, Indiana and Kentucky).
When we’re not working or vacationing, we are usually attending Granite City High School sporting events (football and track). We even went up to Chicago, Illinois with a group of parents and teachers for the Varsity Football Playoffs in 2007.
I previously worked as a Branch Manager for a temporary labor service, until I had two heart attacks and started having seizures which keep me from being able to work/drive. I am currently under doctor’s care, but hope to regain my health soon.
I attended our 10 year and 20 year class reunions, but was not able to make our 25. I am looking forward to our upcoming 30 year class reunion, and being able to see everyone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment