Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lisa (Walrenberger) Maurer













Hello Fellow Classmates:
It is really hard to believe that we graduated 30 years ago from high school. I still feel young, don’t you?
My first years out of high school were filled with drama. My mom was sick with cancer and died before my 21st birthday. I still miss her to this day. During college I thought I had found “the one” for me, but he was in a terrible car accident and spent a year in a coma and was not able to fully recover, very sad indeed.
I did graduate from SIUE with a degree in early childhood and elementary education. My dad the great German guy that worked in the technical center at Anheuser-Busch left us suddenly from a massive heart attack at age 58. Fortunately, I did meet the love of my life before my dads passing and my dad walked me down the isle on my wedding day. Gene, my husband and I have been married for nearly 23 years. Gene went to Vianney High School and Dayton University where he played soccer and hockey and graduated with an MBA in business. We have 3 great kids, Adam 19 who is attending Southwest Missouri State, Jordan 16 a sophomore in high school and Erica 11 who is getting ready for middle school. I have been teaching for the Mehlville School District for 22 years. I have taught third grade, kindergarten and second grade. My family and I have lived in South County, St. Louis for all 23 years of our marriage. My siblings Eric, Diane and Paul all of whom attended Granite South High School all live in the Edwardsville area. I have helped plan each of the reunions and hope you will join us in a fun evening of old memories and renewing friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment