Monday, March 30, 2009

First Meeting

We had our first meeting for the reunion yesterday. We held the meeting at 6:00pm at the Elk's in Granite City. In attendance was Alex Paz, Lisa Waltenberger Maurer, John Six and Suzette Neubauer Holmes. Rocky Lupardus was under the weather and couldn't make it.

The top issue addressed was finding our alumni. The group threw out names and I verified if I had their addresses or not and did a little reminiscing. John Six had a lot of good stories...... Bottom line is we as a class have to do a lot better finding our alumni and this is a call to all of you for help. If everyone on the blog helps with a name or two we can really make some progress. I will post the list soon of the names we have good info on and people we need help with. We did discuss putting an ad in the Suburban Journal and on the public channel on Charter Cable.

We also discussed the idea of having Ravenelli's cater the event, can you really go wrong with broasted chicken? Also threw in pasta and salad blah blah blah. Nothing exciting with the menu but it's all about the company and conversation right? So saying that what helps get the conversation going is an open bar so we are figuring that into the equation as well. : )

A big thanks to John Six who arranged for us to rent the Elk's but also booked the band as well. The band is good friends of John's and they are cutting us a good deal. You can see the band's playlist (Less Than Serious) at http://www.LTSBand.com . Thank's John!

Finally we made a quick walk through of the hall and it looks like a great place for the reunion.

I want to take this opportunity to also plug the blog again. I really hope more people will send me their stories on what they have been up since graduation. All you have to do is email the stories to me at lxpaz@yahoo.com and I will make sure it makes it on the blog. A special thanks to the few that have already shared their stories!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!! Next meeting is the last Sunday of the month in April at 6:00pm at the Elk's. We need help so please show up if your interested in helping.....

Alex Paz
lxpaz@yahoo.com

1 comment:

  1. Hello - I too graduated in 1979 but somehow seem to have been left out of all class reunions! Not sure how that happend because my parents still lived in the same house that was my graduating address until 2 years ago. Guess I just wasn't that popular. I would like to be included in this one. I can be reached at jflanagan@lashlybaer.com

    Judy Theis Flanagan

    ReplyDelete