Sunday, March 15, 2009

Joni (Smith) Walters













My name is Joni Walters now. I graduated with a B.S. in Psychology from SIUE. I was married to Rick Willmore for 7 years and we had two children Robyn and Evan who are now 23 and 20. Rick has remarried and is currently living in Pacific, MO. He and I have remained great friends.

I went on and spent 20+ years doing technology support for many area law firms and am now the Technology Coordinator for OASIS Institute in Clayton, MO. Evan is going to college at St. Louis Community College @ Meramec where his dad works and delivers pizza for Pizza Hut here in Granite. Robyn works at Steak N' Shake and is an avid gamer.

After another attempt at marriage, at the young age of 40, I had two more beautiful children, Isaac, 8 and Sarah Walters 7. The kids and I live in Granite City and are members of Suburban Baptist Church. In addition to working with computers and networks, I am a Southern Gospel Music promoter and organize and frequently sing at large Gospel Concerts. I am a huge animal lover and have a Chihuahua, cat, two guinea pigs, a bird and gerbil. My family is really into the Wii right now and we love fishing and camping in the summer. Life is truly beautiful.

I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2007 requiring chemotherapy and radiation. As of this writing I am cancer free and back to living life to it's fullest. I truly am thankful to celebrate 30 years of anything!

Joni (Smith) Walters

1 comment:

  1. Joni, this is Pam Roberts (yes I married a guy with the same last name!! Anything to get out of paperwork!! ha ha No relation though-we did our research on that for sure!!) I am so glad to hear you are cancer free - I also was diagnosed with breast cancer in July of 2006 but they caught it very early and I didn't have to go through chemo and so far I also am doing good, but I know how scary that all is. My email is country2@yhti.net if you want to talk. Sounds like things are going good for you and you look great! Me and my husband live in Union, MO and have two children together (Kelly who is 18 yrs old and currently going to East Central College, and Jimmy who is soon to be 16 and counting down the days till he can drive!! Which I am not looking forward to!! I know how I was!) And I have two step sons that are 28 and 26, a step daughter that is 20 and four grandkids with another on the way! Hope to hear from you! Pam :)

    ReplyDelete